Alexandria, Minnesota is a beautiful city nestled in the middle of lake country boasting deep freshwater lakes with endless blue skies.
Here are just a few of the local attractions.
Dining & Shopping
- Minnesota’s largest winery, Carlos Creek Winery, located near Alexandria
- Coffee houses and restaurants of all types, including Deja Bleu House of Coffee, Sugar Shack and Garden Bar on 6th.
- A busy downtown area packed with various stores and antique shops.
- Stock car racing every Saturday night during the summer months
- Summer concerts
- Local museums including The Douglas County Historical Society, Runestone Museum, and Legacy of the Lakes are great places to explore the area’s rich Scandinavian history and learn about ancient Viking explorers.
- There are eight golf courses in the lakes area, plus the Resorter’s Golf Tournament each summer
- The Alexandria Festival of the Lakes, an annual chamber music event each August
- Local theaters Theatre L’Homme Dieu and AAAA Theatre present seasonal plays
- Amusement park including go-carts, bumper boats, and mini golf
- 34-lane bowling alley and Cinema 9 movie theater
- Alexandria Blizzard Hockey games most weekends at the Runestone Community Center
- Miles of bicycling and hiking trails — including the Central Lakes Trail
- Boat, sail or fish the area lakes or choose a guided fishing trip (200 beautiful lakes). Paddleboat rentals also available
- Public swimming beaches
- Horseback trail rides
- Many city, county and state parks: Feed the ducks, pack a picnic, or explore the trails
- Winter activities include ice fishing, ice skating, downhill and cross country skiing, bobsled rides, and snowmobile trails